Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 grocery budget in review!

Well I've tallied up the numbers from the last 6 months, and the last year, and here we go!

July-December 2010

Out of Pocket = $1846.52 ($307.75 average per month)
Retail Value = $3347.49 ($557.92 average per month)
Money Saved Using Coupons = $671.94 ($111.99 average per month)
Total Amount Saved = $1500.97 ($250.16 average per month)
Average of 44.8% savings!!

And here it is, the grand totals for my first year as a coupon gal:

2010

OOP = $4,035.04 (Average of $336 a month)
Retail = $7,129.04 (Average of $594 a month)
Coupons = $1,320.64 (Average of $110 a month)
Total Saved in 2010 = $3,094 (Average of $258 a month)

A grand total of 43.3% savings!!

According to a study by the USDA, the average family of 2 in the US on the "thrifty plan" spends $345.60 a month on groceries. So last year we were coming in under that number!! AWESOME!!

I obviously did a way better job in the second half of the year than the first, and was spending on average about $60 less a month on groceries! This year I'm going to try to stick to the goal of $300 a month. It will be tough, but I learned a lot this year and think i can do it!! I'm also going to try and buy more organic and healthy foods!

We cut down on our eating out budget a ton this year, but I want to continue to do so this year!!

How is your budget looking?

3 comments:

  1. I need to start doing a better job with our food budget. Mine is probably a little bit more tricky, considering I have 4 people. Bit, by what you said, it is just going to take the commitment to cut out and or print the coupons out and make the grocery budget with the sales. Thanks for giving me the inspiration to start doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh for sure, it definitely does take time. But I'm not like those crazy extreme couponers. I maybe spend a few hours a week cutting coupons, checking a few websites for deals, and grocery shopping. I could probably go 2 months without buying groceries right now! I will try to be better about posting tips and deals on here for ya! :) Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be awesome. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete