Friday, March 19, 2010

that didn't quite work...

SO the whole working out every day in March thing? THAT didn't so much work out like I had planned. This has been a long stressful month at work, with my job very much in jeopardy. I was sick, my grandpa was in the hospital and I was spending every day off home visiting him...I mean I have a thousand excuses, but in the end, I just didn't do it.

But that was then. This is now. I just realized it was hard to go from not working out super regularly to working out EVERY day. A good theory yes, but yikes. Luckily for me, my dad got me just what I wanted for my birthday - 6 half hour personal training sessions at the Y. YES! I told my spin class friends I was really excited cuz I wanted someone to scream at me, haha. I haven't had that since I was training on the crew team, and I NEED it. I'm the one who usually has to drag Drew to the gym, and none of my friends in Lansing are really huge on working out. Therefore I've been kinda on my own in that sense, and I really just wanted someone there to really help jump start me, and get me into a routine. (side note: the parkwood Y is giving away FREE PT sessions for this recipe contest they are having...i so plan on winning those!)

I'm not going to start next week, since we're moving to our temp. store and I know I will be working some crazy and stupid shifts. I'm thinking the Monday after, the 29th-ish? Will keep everyone posted!

My plan for the next week?

Tomorrow: work 12-7, going to go for a short jog with Maximus in the morning before work, and then that evening going to do some dumbbell work on my arms
Sunday: going to be a long work day, 10-7. maybe walk the dogs when I get home.
Monday: off, but probably spending a few hours at work planning out the big move. don't have a set plan yet. not really any good classes at either Y to drop in on, so I will probably just hit the treadmill at some point (OMG race for the cure is a month away!)
Tuesday: work til 5, bill's fitness fusion (kickboxing/aerobics/sculpting) at the westside for 1:15
Wednesday: work til 5, if i can get out early then zumba at parkwood. if not, then possibly a hip hop class at westside
Thursday: walk dogs in am. being crazy and going to spin class for 45 min. then heading straight to work for an overnight shift til 7am. YIKES.
Friday: recover. possibly gym at night, but hopefully it will be nice out and a nice long walk with the dogs
Saturday: probably taking the day off of working out, then working 1-close.

I'll let you know how next week goes :)

-Carli

No comments:

Post a Comment